An app a day – Day 1: School A to Z
Suggested user group: Students
About the app: Developed by the NSW Department of Education and Communities this app is primarily aimed at helping parents to understand and support their child’s homework. However, this app is also useful for teachers and students as a reference tool.
You can read more about the app here: http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/about/mobile-applications/school-a-to-z
What to do now:
- Download the appropriate app for your device from the links below (If you are reading this post on your device, tapping the link will redirect you to the Apple App Store/Google Play Store)
- Open the app (and sign up if required)
- Spend a bit of time today experimenting with the app to get used to how it works
What to do later today:
Now that you have had experiences with the app, it is time to share your thoughts and ideas with your colleagues about how the app can be useful to teachers and/or students. Feel free to express your opinions by clicking on ‘LEAVE A COMMENT’ at the bottom of this post and filling in the required fields in the pop up box. Please note: posting comments allows you to claim participation towards your PD hours.
The following are some suggested comment starters but feel free to discuss anything you feel is relevant beyond this:
- How could you use this app to assist yourself in your personal work duties?
- How could you use this app with students?
- If you are already using this app, how have you been using it yourself/with students?
- Do you have any alternative apps that fulfil the same purpose that you would recommend? Is one app preferable to use?
- What are your general thoughts about the usability of this app?
Hope you all enjoy experimenting with this app today and we look forward to reading your comments!
Image: School a to z